Pubs across the UK are giving away free beer to first-time voters this election.
If you haven’t voted and are thinking about registering, here’s some motivation. A campaign called Vote This Year Get Free Beer are being super generous and offering first time voters a free beer if they register. The campaign hopes to encourage non-voters to get out there and vote on the 8th June.
Why this election though? The campaigners believe that the next election will ‘massively effect our lives’. And a bunch of landlords agree too with 24 pubs across the UK signing up to take part. Stroud Brewery and Watkins Cider are also backing the campaign.
Here’s a list of the participating pubs so far:
1) The Lazy Dog, 112 Ashley Down Road, Bristol BS7 9JR
2) The Pipe and Slippers, 118 Cheltenham road, Bristol BS6 5RW
3) The Windmill, 14 Windmill Hill, Bristol BS3 4LU
4) The Plough, 223 Easton Rd, Bristol BS5 0EG
5) The Holman Clavel Inn, Culmhead, Taunton TA3 7EA
6) Red Lion, 206 Whitehall Rd BS5, Bristol BS5 9BP
7) The Beast of Brixton, 89B Acre Ln, Brixton, London SW2 5TN
8) The Love Inn, 84 Stokes Croft, Bristol BS1 3QY
9) Spit and Sawdust, 21 Bartholomew St, London SE1 4AL
10) The Shakespeare, 1 Henry street, Totterdown, bristol, BS3 4UD
11) Golden Lion, Fielden square, Todmorden, OL146LZ
12) Biblos Calypso Kitchen, Unit 3, Gaol Ferry Steps, Wapping Wharf, Bristol BS1 6WE
13) King William, 36 Thomas Street, London Road, Bath BA1 5NN
14) The Queens Head, 15 Denman Street, London W1D 7HN
15) The Bank Tavern, 8 John St, Bristol, BS1 2HR
16) The Grosvenor Arms, 204 Garrett Lane, SW 18 4 ED
17) The Feather Star Ale House, 15 St Johns Street, Wirksworth, Matlock DE4 4DR
18) The Raven, 7 Queen Street, Bath, BA1 1HE
19) Stroud Brewery Bar, Unit 11, Off Hope Mill Lane, Phoenix Works, London Rd, Thrupp, Stroud GL5 2BU
20) Constellations, 35-39 Greenland Street L1 0BS
21) Flipside Cocktail Club, 109 Whiteladies Road Bristol, BS8 2PB
22) The Drapers Arms, 447 Gloucester Road Bristol BS8 7TZ
23) The Lord Nelson, 9-11 Enfield Road, Brentford, Tw8 9ny
24) The Inn On The Green, 2 Filton rd, Horfield, Bristol, BS7 0PA
What’s the craziest thing you would do for free beer? Let us know in the comments below.